It is snowing here, in Eastern NC. For many of you reading this snow is no big deal, however, here in Eastern NC, it is a very big deal. When we get snow, it shuts us down. Schools close, roads and bridges close, businesses close and we come to a screeching halt!
This kind of weather makes me think about so many things:
1. How thankful I am to have a warm home
2. How much I miss having my children home to play outside and come in to warm by the fire and drink hot chocolate when they were ready for a break.
3. How magical a world can look dressed in white.
4. How each snowflake is only one but as a group it can create quite the scene (hmmm, a lesson in there somewhere)
5. How sometimes I just need to stop…..stop and be thankful for what I have. Stop and be in the moment and not thinking about all I have to do. Stop and appreciate the beauty of this world…whatever the season, whatever the weather.
So, I am signing off now…..to just watch the snow and drink in these moments.