Evernote is one of my favorite paper buster tools. When I use Evernote, I don’t have a bunch of sticky notes sitting around. I don’t have notes written on little pieces of paper and best of all, I don’t have to remember where I put those pieces of paper!
The information I have stored in Evernote can be seen on my phone, IPAD or computer. If I am away from home and need the information, it is right at my finger tips!
Here are 10 ways I use Evernote to cut down on my paper clutter:
1. Evernote Clipper allows me to save information I find on the web and organize it in folders. I name the folders (just like you do in a paper filing system) based on how I want to retrieve the information. For example, if I find an article about de-cluttering, I Evernote clip it and “file” it in my folder – De-Clutter Information.
2. I love a good quote. I file quotes in Evernote.
3. Air Filter sizes, printer cartridges, water filter types….all of those pesky household items that are size specific are filed in Evernote so I have access to them when I am in the store ready to buy them.
4. Birthday lists……need to remember when someone’s birthday is and you are not at home with your master birthday list….store it in Evernote.
5. Christmas lists! Each year I write down who I am giving a gift to and what I gave. I can easily refer back to the previous years and make sure I am not duplicating gifts!
6. Writing down your goals is an important step to achieving them. I keep my personal and business goals housed in Evernote.
7. Paint color lists….can’t remember the name of that wonderful color you used in the bedroom….keep it in Evernote.
8. Evernote is a place I keep ideas…..writing ideas, newsletter ideas, gift ideas….things that come to mind that I don’t have a need for right now but will want to refer to later.
9. Phone numbers – people I don’t need very often….like a carpenter/handyman or closet designer. If I store that person in my contacts, on my phone, I may not remember his/her name but if I store it in Evernote….I can quickly retrieve the name and number.
10. Medication lists. This is a great thing to have in Evernote when you go to the doctor. I personally and thankfully don’t have any medications I take but for those that do, this is a great way to have that information with you each and every time you have a doctor visit.
Hope this helps you think outside the box and find new ways to cut down on paper clutter with Evernote!
Click the link below to sign up free for Evernote today!