The other day it hit me…..a lot of the things I do are based on basic math principles.
Here are several examples:
- If you want to weigh less you have to eat less junk food and exercise/move more.
- If you want to have less clutter, you have to bring in less and get rid of more.
- If you have only so much square footage, you can’t fit more than that amount of stuff into it.
- If you want to have a successful marriage, you have to spend more time working on it and less time fussing about it.
- If you want to increase the odds of raising responsible kids into responsible adults, you have to take more time to nurture, teach, discipline and love them and less time yelling at them, berating them, buying them stuff and expecting someone else to raise them for you.
- If you want to have financial peace, you have to spend less and save more.
- If you want to be happier, you have to spend less time worrying, fretting and complaining and more time figuring out what you can do to change your situation, changing what you can and developing an attitude of gratitude.
- If you want to feel better, you have to spend less time indulging what you know you shouldn’t be indulging in and more time on things that are good for you.
- If you want to make a difference, you spend less time on yourself and more time on helping others.
- If you want to live purposefully, spend more time doing the things you are created to do and less time comparing yourself to others.
More and Less……basic math principles that equal some great results. See, you should have paid attention to that math class in school! It really is important.
How good is your math?