I don’t have time.
I’m just too tired.
These are two excuses I hear on a regular basis for not organizing or de-cluttering. Well, some of you now have the time and are possibly more well rested than you have been in a long, long time. So, what are some things you can do while you are at home??
- Gather up important papers, scan them and/or file them away in a designated spot. Do you need a list of the kind of important papers I am talking about? https://peggywbarnes.com/organizing/resources/
- Talk with your lawyer about updating your will.
- Execute your advance directives. There are state specific forms online, you can download and execute.
- De-Clutter a closet
- Want to be outside – clean out the garage. Our recycle centers, in Craven County, are still open.
- Back up your documents, photos, videos and other information from your computer to the cloud. I use Carbonite for my cloud back up. https://www.carbonite.com/
- Scan your photos to the cloud. I use a company called Forever to store all my photos and videos. https://www.forever.com/ambassador/peggy-w-barnes (by the way, this is an affiliate link)
- Clean up the photos/videos on your phone to create more storage space.
- Clean up your email inbox.
This is just a start, but just starting is important! Take a little bit at a time and when all this is over, you will feel all the better for getting it done.
Stay safe, stay smart and stay hope-filled!