There are 5 things I do, in the morning, to start my day off on the right foot:
1. Make the bed. It takes less than 5 minutes. The great feeling of walking into an orderly room, at the end of the day, is well worth those 5 minutes.
2. Eat breakfast. Those that know me know I do not skip meals. I am hungry when I wake up and I know my body needs fuel for the day, so I eat! I eat anything easy and fairly nutritional and in moderation – oatmeal, cereal, salad, chicken, eggs or pizza. Obviously, I do not discriminate against eating foods at particular times of the day.
3. Plan my day. I sit down, look at my day and plan it out. What time do I need to be where and what time will I need to leave to get to each place. Knowing what I need to do allows me to be realistic about what I can get done each day and keeps me on track throughout the day.
4. Take a moment of quiet. This is an important part of any day…..just being still. I take a moment to read a devotional, pray and to be grateful. This moment can really set the tone for your day.
5. Walk. I try to walk for at least 30 minutes most mornings. I have not conquered doing 7 days a week, but I do walk at least 5 days a week. If it doesn’t get done in the morning, I make sure I get the walk in at some point of the day.
Yes, all this requires waking up at 5:15 am, but these morning habits have served me well, so it is well worth the early wake-up call! What habits do you need to incorporate into your day?