(photo courtesy of digitalart/freedigitalphotos.net)
I think I have messed myself up…..not the first time. I have been looking at some challenges that run for 30 days (sound familiar?). These challenges, on the face of them, seem manageable, important for my health or work goals and necessary. These challenges seem like the answer for me……I can do any of these for 30 days. Let’s go over the list of the 30 day challenges I have hoped to complete.
1. 30 day squat challenge…..start with 55…..by day 30 you’ll be doing 245.
2 1 mile walk/run every day for 30 days.
3. 30 day arm toning challenge. What 54 year old women wouldn’t love to trim her wing span?
4. Ultimate Blogging Challenge….no big deal….blog for 30 days straight.
None of these seem difficult when in isolation. However, coupled with my schedule, real life and the other challenges, they have somehow or another dissipated into the can I even start the challenges. For example:
1. 30 day squat challenge………started strong…..got up to 100. Christmas came and there went that one! I am still beating both my son’s girlfriends because I started!
2. 1 mile walk/run…….rain, cold equals I don’t think so
3. 30 day arm toning challenge…..nope didn’t even start it, yet.
4. Ultimate Blogging Challenge….yep….so far, so good. 5 days and counting.
So what does all this say. I either need to set more realistic goals or I really like writing more than I like exercising. I think I know the answer, however, being the stubborn person I am, I am going to keep trying to start and complete these challenges. I know I won’t be sorry I did.