Change; life coach
The word “constant” has been creeping up in my vocabulary a lot lately.
Talking to mothers about motherhood….it’s constant.
Talking to wives about marriage……it’s constant.
Talking to people about work…….it’s constant.
Talking to people about relationships…….it’s constant.
Talking to people about bill paying…..it’s constant.
Talking to people about staying organized…….it’s constant.
Talking to people about cleaning……it’s constant.
So, what does this mean? Life is constant. There is stuff in your life that constantly needs attention.
So, what do you do?
Take breaks when you can.
Appreciate the small breaks you get.
Realize this is what you signed on for when you became a wife, a mother, a friend, a member of a group, a homeowner, an employee.
Life ends up not really being about you but you in the context of life with all of the other people in it. It’s just how life is so you can fight it, fuss about it, talk about how bad it is, whine about it, cry about it or nag about it. But a better alternative might be to embrace it, change what you can about it and find things to be thankful in it. Your approach and your attitude makes all the difference in the world in having a miserable life or a wonderful life……either way, it’s going to be constant.
I have a love/hate relationship with so many things.
1. I love to eat…..not always really healthy stuff. I hate the pounds and inches it adds to my body!
2. I love to visit family. I hate the travel it requires for me to get there.
3. I love to play internet games – yes I am guilty of indulging in Candy Crush and Scrabble! I hate when I allow them to be time suckers
4. I love to read. I hate I cannot stay awake long enough to finish reading.
5. I love my “smart phone”. I hate the way it can keep me too connected.
6. I love looking at the deer in my backyard. I hate they use my bushes and plants as their personal food buffet.
7. I love my persistence. I hate my persistence when it won’t quit persisting.
8. I love my house. I hate the upkeep.
9. I love saying hello. I hate the fact I have to say goodbye.
10. I love writing. I hate when the only thing I can think to write is what I love and hate.